What should I do when I purchase a boat?

Notify our office and download the Application for Watercraft Certificate of Title and Certificate of Number (PDF) form from the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.

Show All Answers

1. Who sets the Personal Property tax rate?
2. How is my automobile or truck appraised for tax purposes?
3. Why am I being taxed on a vehicle that I did not own on January 1st?
4. What is the assessment cycle for businesses and mobile homes?
5. What should I do when I purchase or no longer own an automobile, motorcycle, truck, boat trailer, utility trailer, camper trailer, or manufactured single wide?
6. What should I do when I no longer own a boat?
7. What should I do when I purchase a boat?
8. Does turning my tags in to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) dispose of my vehicle?
9. Does Mecklenburg County prorate taxes?
10. Do I need to notify the Commissioner of the Revenue when I start a business?
11. When do I report Business Personal Property and Merchants Capital (inventory) amounts?
12. What do I report for Business Personal Property?
13. When do I report machinery / tools amounts?
14. What do I report for machinery / tools?
15. What are the current depreciation factors and tax rates?
16. If I move out of Mecklenburg County to another locality within Virginia, what must I do?
17. What do I need to do if I buy or sell a vehicle out of state?
18. What do I need to do if my address changes?
19. How do I or my agent register to participate as a transient occupancy provider?
20. When do I report transient occupancy receipt amounts?