969 Madison Street
Boydton, VA 23917
Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. To 4:30 p.m.
Family Planning Clinic
- Providing Prenatal Care, Education and Counseling Services provided based on income. For more information or an appointment, please call.
- Supplemental food program for pregnant women, post partum women and breastfeeding women, infants and children up to age 5. Nutritional Counseling and education. Breastfeeding counseling, support and education. Services provided based on income. For more information, please call the WIC Dept.
- Providing required infant and childhood immunizations free of charge. College entrance immunizations and routine adult and adolescent immunizations available. International (overseas) travel shots available. Flu shots, Pneumonia and Hepatitis B shots available. For immunization information, or to schedule an appointment, please call.
STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Services
- Providing Education, Counseling, testing and free treatment of Sexually transmitted diseases as mandated by the state. Condoms provided free.
- Fluoride program available for children in school. Dental Education.
Baby Care Services
- Case management and education services with home and office visits for pregnant women and infants up to 2 years of age.
Care Connection For Children (formally CSS or Children's Speciality Services)
- Case management is provided to children under the age of 21 with special health care needs. Services included are Orthopedics, Hearing Impairment, Neurology, Cardiology, Cerebral Palsy, Cystic Fibrosis, Urology, Sickle Cell, and Cleft Lip / Palate deformities. Referrals are made to special clinics or doctors to be able to meet the children's needs. Communicable / Infectious Disease: Investigation of disease outbreaks. Provides Immunizations/ medication as indicated and provides education to maintain the health of the public.
- HIV testing and counseling is offered free of charge. HIV medication assistance program (ADAP) services are available if eligible. Services are confidential but anonymous testing can be provided. For testing please contact the Health Dept. for a date and time.
Screenings for Personal Care Services and Nursing Home Placement
- For Medicaid or Medicaid eligible individuals, screenings are done by a team consisting of a nurse and a social worker. Determination is made to see if the individual meets criteria for nursing home placement. Personal Care in the home or other community based services may be appropriate to meet the individual's needs if criteria are met. To have a screening, contact your local Social Services Department.
Tuberculosis (T.B.) Services:
- Tuberculosis counseling, T.B. risk assessments and possible testing. T.B. medications available as indicated. Education and counseling available.